Running

My favorite sport is running! I love to run so much, but my favorite kind of running is cross country. There are four types of running I do cross country, outdoor track, indoor track, and road races. Cross country is by far my favorite because in cross country you get to run through trails and you see so much beautiful scenery. The competitions might be intense, but running through the trail with my friends for fun are some of my best memories. Now I’ll tell you a little about my running. I did my first 5K when I was four which you might of read on my about me page. I’ve been running road races ever since. My best 5K time is 23:26, my best 10K is 48:42, and my best mile is 6:22. I’m going to be doing the Reebok Women’s 10K on Columbus Day. I’m super nervous and also super excited! I’m going to run it with my friend Eleanor who is also nervous and excited! I know that we’ll have an awesome time, but I”l update you on Tuesday after I’m finished with my race. I also recently ran the Falmouth Road Race. It’s a kind of famous road race that a lot of people run! I ran it over the summer and it’s now my favorite road race I ever did. I finished in 1 hour and 2 seconds! I can’t wait to run again next year! I really love running and I’ll end this post with one of my favorite running quotes, “What seems hard now will one day be your warm-up.”

Published inUncategorized

2 Comments

1. ellale2025

Hi Meredith!
    My name is Ella, you recently commented on my blog. This summer and fall I ran cross country and loved it. I don’t do track but I think it would be fun tom try. What is a road race? I have never heard of a road race before but it sounds interesting. Your post about running is really well written. I hope you will visit my blog again at http://ellale2025.edublogs.org/.

2. Meredith Meredith

Hi, Ella! You should definitely try out track. It’s super fun and there is an event for everyone! A road race is like a 5K, 10K, or marathon that is run on the road. Not the track or trails like other types of running. If you like running I bet you could find some 5Ks in your areas to try out. A 5K is 3.1 miles long. Make sure to update me if you decide to try one!